"Protecting teacher's interests & improving teachers working conditions in order to improve students' learning conditions through aggressive advocacy & providing information and training to its members.
- Free, quality public education is a right for all children.
- There is an essential connection between our members and students, and therefore, a quality working environment for members equals a quality learning environment for students.
- TALB members are strong advocates for students, and work tirelessly on behalf of students.
- TALB members deserve to be respected and treated as the professionals they are.
Therefore, TALB exists to serve as the exclusive bargaining agent for its members, to protect and promote their legal rights and privileges, and to educate and empower members to exercise those rights and responsibilities in the delivery of free, quality public education to the students they serve.
TALB works to ensure that all members are treated with respect and dignity in the workplace, receive professional and competitive compensation, and are guaranteed safe, healthy and appropriate working conditions. TALB advocates that students, classrooms, and teachers are the districtís highest priority.
TALB's Primary Purposes:
- Protect our members
- Promote teachers' professional and legal rights
- Organize its membership for influence & power
- New leadership recruitment & training
- Inform members of benefits