The California Teachers Association is recommending Tom Torlakson for Superintendent of Public Instruction. Click here to learn more about Tom. He has championed:
- More funding for ALL students with Local Control
- The Quality Education Investment Act
- Implementing the Common Core State Standards
- A Well-Rounded Education
He also supports:
- Adequately funding public education so that all students have a chance to succeed.
- Learning over testing.
- Assistance, not sanctions to help lower-performing schools.
- Smaller class sizes and the continued improvement of our neighborhood schools.
- Accountability for all schools, including charter schools.
- Teachers and parents having a voice in the implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
He opposes paying and evaluating teachers based solely on student test scores.