The California Educational Research Association (CERA) sponsors competitive Classroom Innovation Grant Awards. The purpose of the Classroom Innovation Grant is to fund projects that enrich learning for students and encourage classroom innovation in any content area. Applications that focus on the following areas will be given special consideration:
- Implementation of Common Core State Standards
- Implementation of Next Generation Science Standards
- Implementation of 2012 English Language Development Standards
- Reducing the achievement gap
- Increasing teacher collaboration
- Use of formative and/or interim assessment information to improve teaching and learning
The CERA Board has authorized up to $5,000 annually for the Classroom Innovation Grant Award program. One or more Classroom Innovation Grant Awards will be presented each year, not to exceed the maximum of $5,000. For project planning, assume that funding will begin around September 1. Individual project budgets may not exceed $2,500. Projects will be funded for a maximum of 18 months.
The CERA Classroom Innovation Grant Award is available to any California teacher teaching Transitional Kindergarten through grade 12. CERA membership is not required.