TALB Spring Break Trip 2016
Las Vegas, Grand Canyon West Rim Skywalk, hoover dam Tour
Dates: Monday, March 28, 2016 through Wednesday, March 30, 2016
TALB Members and guests welcome.
Las Vegas Only (no Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam Tour):
- 1 person: $230
- 2 people: $150 each
- 3 people: $117 each
- 4 people: $122.75 each
Las Vegas plus Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam Tour:
- 1 person: $280
- 2 people: $200 each
- 3 people: $167 each
- 4 people: $172.75 each
If you are paying by check or cash, bring or send your total payment (see summary costs above) to the TALB Office, Attn: Eric Leocadio, 4362 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807. Complete the Registration Form by clicking here.
If you prefer to pay by credit or debit card, as a convenience you'll just need to pay the PayPal fees so that TALB doesn't have to incur those costs. Simply select your option in the drop down list below and click the paypal "Buy Now" button. That will take you to PayPal so that you can enter your card info. Once you submit payment, you'll see the Registration Form page.
Tour Cost for 3 days/2 nights (paid together online booked as single or group of 2-4):
- One Person: $179 single hotel room
- Two People: $198 ($99 each) shared hotel room
- Three People: $198 (3rd person free) shared hotel room
- Four People: $287 (4th person $89) shared hotel room
- Standard hotel room accommodations for 2 nights at Circus Circus hotel (singles get own room; 2-4 people share room)
- 2 free rides at Adventuredome Theme Park ($25 value)
- Entrance to the show at Circus Circus Tower ($10 value)
- $15 match play + bonus casino chips at Circus Circus casino
- Coupons for discounts at restaurants and shops (restrictions apply) ($20 value)
- Ground bus transportation
- Service fees for tour guide and bus driver (total $21 cash per passenger).
- If you choose to go to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam on Day 2, the $80 is paid separately (see below).
- If you choose not to go to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam on Day 2 and instead opt to stay in Las Vegas, $30 is added to your overall Tour Cost (above) when booking online.
Day One (Monday, March 28, 2016):
7:30AM - Departure from Bus Pick Up Location (17713 Pioneer Blvd., Artesia, CA 90701 (99 Ranch Market Cerritos - 99 Ranch Market)
- Today, we will journey through the San Bernardino Valley Area and the immense Mojave Desert to fabulous Las Vegas. Upon our arrival in Vegas in the afternoon, guests are free to spend their time as they please.
- There is an optional night tour for exploring the city ($35). This tour is the best way to see the lights of the Vegas Strip! We will see the dancing waters of the Bellagio Fountains, the artwork of the Venetian Hotel, the Volcano at Mirage, and Old Town Las Vegas.
Day Two (Tuesday, March 29, 2016):
Option 1: Grand Canyon West Rim & Hoover Dam ($80 cash paid separately to Tour Guide)
We will begin the day by traveling to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. This is a separate tourist area run by the Hualapai Tribe of Indians.
Duration: Approx. 4 hours. The $80 includes admission, transportation, & bbq meal.
Additional Optional Activities at Grand Canyon:
- Skywalk Glass Bridge ($35)
This transparent, horseshoe-shaped bridge hangs out over the West Rim of the Grand Canyon and offers guests a chance to feel as though they could just jump right off the edge of this natural wonder of the world.
- West Rim Grand Canyon Helicopter & Boat Tour ($205)
Perfect for adventure-lovers, this tour takes passengers thousands of feet down into the Grand Canyon. From there, guests will board a pontoon boat and ride down the Colorado River before returning back to the airport via another helicopter ride.
On our way back to Vegas, we will stop at the Hoover Dam. The beautiful Hoover Dam is located 30 miles southeast of Las Vegas in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. The massive concrete dam was a monumental undertaking built during the Great Depression and dedicated by Franklin Roosevelt himself.
Afterward, guests will return to Las Vegas for the evening.
Option 2: Explore Las Vegas on your own.
Day Three (Wednesday, March 30, 2016):
Before we leave Las Vegas, we will travel to the Ethel M Chocolate Factory and its Botanical Cactus Gardens. On our way back to Los Angeles, we will stop in Barstow, CA, to visit the Tanger Outlets. We will arrive back in LA at night.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Botanical Cactus Gardens
A unique combination of food and flora, the Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Botanical Cactus Gardens outside of Las Vegas, NV has something for everyone. Both the gardens and the factory are open to the public free of charge.
- Tanger Outlet Center
The Tanger Outlets in Barstow, California-- about halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas-- offer designer wares at bargain prices. Guests can enjoy discounts on everything from clothing to pocketbooks to electronics and so much more! Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
8:30PM - Return to Drop Off Location (17713 Pioneer Blvd., Artesia, CA 90701 (99 Ranch Market Cerritos - 99 Ranch Market)