TALB Unity Celebration
Join us for our annual membership banquet to celebrate K-12, CDC, and Head Start educators, honor retirees, and recognize outstanding achievement.
Date: FRIDAY, June 9, 2017
Time: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Location: The Centre at Sycamore Plaza, 5000 Clark Avenue, Lakewood, CA 90712
Attire: Business Casual
Activities included in this fun evening:
- Banquet Dinner
- Photo Booth
- Music & Dancing
- Drawing Door Prizes
- Member Recognition
- Award Presentations
- Honoring Retiring Educators
- Cash Bar Cocktails & Drinks
Thanks to our community partners who have contributed to TALB's Member Engagement Program to help us host this event:
TALB ACTIVE & RETIRED Member Discounts:
- Early-Bird Member Price: $20 (60% DISCOUNT BY APRIL 30TH)
- Regular Member Price: $25 (50% DISCOUNT BY MAY 26TH)
Guest Cost: $50 (non-TALB members)
**The cost for elected TALB Reps, Executive Board, honored retirees, award recipients, scholarship recipients, and past-presidents is waived. You have a special promotional code. If you do not know which code you should use, contact the TALB office at (562) 426-6433 or send email to email@example.com.
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 1, 2017 AND CLOSES MAY 26, 2017 (or until space filled). Registration will be limited to 328 people. Registration is done exclusively online via Eventbrite. Click the button below.
NOTES ABOUT REGISTERING:
- If you are registering for multiple people, you will need to make a SEPARATE order for different promotional code types. Award recipients, honored retirees, reps, board members, and members all have distinct promotional codes. Registering for Non-Member Guests should just be registered as a "Guest" without any promotional code. Please do not use promo codes for your guests. For help using promo codes, see the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before you register for your group, we suggest that you write down on paper each person's name, email address, meal choice (beef, chicken, vegetarian), and his/her promo code (if applicable) so that you can register each promo code type separately and without any problems. After registering, each individual will receive a confirmation email with their meal choice.
- THERE IS NO ASSIGNED SEATING. We were hoping to have this functionality when we set up Eventbrite but we discovered that the system won't do this for us since we've got different promo codes. So when you arrive you can sit in any available seat or with your group!
- YES, YOU CAN RESERVE A TABLE FOR YOUR GROUP! Each person in your group still needs to register via Eventbrite (or you can register for them). Once you do that, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of people in your group. When you arrive, we'll have seats reserved for you.
**We have reached full capacity. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR MEMBERS AND GUESTS. If you would like to be notified if a ticket becomes available, send email to email@example.com.
You must inform the TALB office of your cancellation by May 26, 2017. No refunds will be given after May 26, 2017. Reps, Board members, award recipients, and honored retirees who registered (with their cost waived) but cancel after May 26, 2017 OR fail to attend the banquet, will be required to reimburse TALB for the total cost of the event ticket price: $50. Phone cancellations must be confirmed in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help with Registering with Promo Codes
To get your discounted ticket, you will need to enter the correct promotional code when registering at Eventbrite. Members can find the promotional code in the TALB UPDATE newsletters (electronic). Award recipients, honored retirees, scholarship recipients, reps and executive board members will receive their promo codes by email or you can call the TALB office to get your code.
To use your promo code, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Register Now button or go to the eventbrite page here: https://talb-unity-banquet-2017.eventbrite.com
2. Click on the green "TICKETS" button on the right.
3. Click on the link that says "Enter Promotional Code" at the top right.
4. Type in your promo code.
5. You should now see your special ticket with promotional discount. Please enter the quantity for only the number of individuals that the special ticket applies to. Guests have their own ticket type and price. If you have multiple people with different promo codes, you'll need to process those as separate orders.
Now give it a try!
Retiring or Received a Recognition?
Let us recognize you at the banquet!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When and where is the banquet?
Friday, June 9, 2017; registration opens at 5:30pm; dinner is served at 6:00pm.
The Centre at Sycamore Plaza, Weingart Ballroom
5000 Clark Avenue; Lakewood, CA90712
What is the theme for the banquet?
Theme: Red Carpet
Shine bright on Red Carpet Night because YOU are the STAR!
What should I wear?
The attire is “business casual.” You don’t need to wear a tuxedo or formal dress or anything. Just wear something nice yet comfortable.
What kinds of activities can I look forward to?
- Banquet Dinner
- Award Presentations
- Honoring Retirees
- Music and Dancing
- Door Prizes
- Photo Booth
- Cash Bar
What do I do when I arrive at the banquet and what is the general schedule?
When you arrive, proceed upstairs (or up the elevator) to the registration area to check in, pick up your meal card, and door prize ticket. Please arrive on time!
- 5:30pm Guest Check In / Cash Bar / Photo Booth
- 6:00pm Dinner is Served
- 6:45pm Awards Ceremony
- 8:30pm Music / Dancing / Photo Booth
- 10:00pm Depart
What's for dinner?
- Rosemary & Thyme Encrusted Chicken (Tender Herb-Rubbed Breast of Chicken Served with a Lemon and White Wine Sauce
- Carved Sirloin of Beef (Served with a Burgundy Jus and a Creamy Horseradish Sauce)
- Vegetarian Wellington (Portobello Mushroom, Farro Risotto, Braised Yellow Squash, Red Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Tomato, Onion, Italian Parsley & Sweet English Peas served with a Tomato Coulis Sauce)
With each entree, you'll get:
- Side: Roasted New Potatoes
- Vegetables: Roasted Baby Carrots
- Salad: Butterleaf Bibb Salad (Topped with Julienned Bosc Pears, Asiago Cheese, and Praline Pecans served with a White Wine Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing)
- Strawberry Shortcake Martini (homemade pound cake and fresh strawberries layered with creamy vanilla custard and topped with whipped cream)
Can I make changes to my meal choice?
You may change your meal choice for the banquet dinner by sending email to email@example.com up until May 26, 2017.
What is the cancellation policy?
You must inform the TALB office of your cancellation by May 26, 2017. No refunds will be given after May 26, 2017. Reps, Board members, award recipients, and honored retirees who registered (with their cost waived) but cancel after May 26, 2017 OR fail to attend the banquet, will be required to reimburse TALB for the total cost of the event: $50. Phone cancellations must be confirmed in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I take photos?
We encourage everyone to have a good time and to capture your memories. If you take photos and post them online, please use the hashtag “#TALBunity”.
We will have an official event photographer that will be taking photos throughout the evening. Photos will be posted at the TALB web site at www.talb.org and on Facebook. Some photos and video may be used for promotional purposes in the future.
If you prefer not to be photographed, simply request kindly that your photo not be taken or you can step to the side before a group photo is taken.
What if I want to be recognized at the banquet?
If you plan to retire by the end of this school year (August 2017) or if you received a special achievement or noteworthy professional accomplishment (ie. earned a Master’s degree; earned a National Board Certification; received an award for a school program; etc.), we would definitely like to recognize you at the banquet!
In order to be included, you must submit your information to us by May 5, 2017. We cannot guarantee that you will be recognized at the banquet if you submit your information after the deadline.
If you are retiring, submit your info at www.talb.org/unity-retiree.
If you received any other kind of special recognition, submit your info at www.talb.org/unity-members.
Tips regarding etiquette at the banquet:
- Please arrive on time.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Please be respectful by refraining from loud conversations at your table during the Awards Ceremony.
- Please do not take more than one party favor unless an individual gives you his/hers. Let’s make sure everyone gets one.
- Please wait until after the Awards Ceremony concludes to take group photos with award recipients and honored retirees.
- Please be sure to turn your cell phone ringer off as a courtesy to speakers and other attendees.
Still have questions?
If you still have questions, send email to email@example.com or call Eric Leocadio at the TALB office at (562) 426-6433.